Our special situations strategy seeks to exploit pockets of inefficiency that generally occur in securities where limited information is available. These opportunities may be event driven, company specific, or the result of industry or economic conditions that have changed. Through our bottom-up, fundamental approach, we seek to purchase these investments with asymmetric risk/reward profiles.
- Strong absolute and risk-adjusted returns over a full market cycle
- Returns driven by security selection
- Highly flexible and unconstrained mandate
- Identification of asymmetric risk/reward opportunities
- Concentrated portfolio of high-conviction ideas (20-25 positions)
- Average position size generally 5%